H1 Transfer to different Field


Recommended Posts

Hi, I’m H1B holder, I got my H1B  after completing my MS in Mechanical engineering. My contracting company filed my H1B as a System analyst. Since then I’ve been working in programming and developer for the last 7 years. Now I have option to take up full time position with the client. I’m sure the client being a big corporation will file transfer field as CS. Will there be any complications if so what’s the best approach. I want to get away from contracting and this is my ticket. 

Link to comment

A recent education evaluation of "education + experience" from an accredited US evaluator, which gives you an evaluation of a bachelors degree in Computer Science, will certainly help you.  Check with your client/employer if their attorney will do this education evaluation during petition filing, and if not then do it yourself and submit it along with your educational documents.  Good Luck.

Edited by Zodiac System
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.