B2 Visa extension valid reason

barat80

Hi All,

I am planning to extend my mother's B2 visa for a month due to an unforeseen medical situation faced by me. She initially got 6 months of B2 visa approval till 21 Dec 2023. After this medical emergency, she would like to stay with me for a month for my moral support till 11 Jan 2023. Please let me know if this is a valid reason for getting a B2 visa extension approval. If this is not a valid reason, then please let me know what to be mentioned to get approval for her B2 extension. I Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Bharat  

Current I-539 processing times are often longer than 6 months. Even if she files now, it is highly unlikely she will get a decision before January 11. And if she leaves the US while it is pending, it will be automatically abandoned. So it doesn't matter if she gives a reason that would have gotten approval -- she is not going to get an approval if she leaves by January. Any non-frivolous reason will prevent her from accruing unlawful presence, and prevent her visa from being voided. It doesn't matter if the reason is a reason that would have gotten approval or not.