H1B Processing California Premium - July

Process: H1B TRANSFER in Premium Processing

Application Mailed: June 29th

Receipt Received : July 1st

USCIS Status from July 1st to July 6th : Acceptance

Approved: July 7th

The processing was pretty quick considering the July2nd to July4th being holidays.

Now waiting for official letter.

Guys, mention if it is visa transfer, new application, extension in your posts. That will help others.

@indiathegreat:

Congrats on the speedy H1B transfer.

Can you mention whether the new company is an established/public company or a startup?

I have similar timelines for H1B PP transfer.

In my case response for RFE was sent on June 29 and status changed to RFE response review on June 30.

Still waiting for the decision...

Hello,

Just wanted to update my case status:

LCA - 8 days to get an approval

Filed Transfer and Extension - PP - 30th June

Receipt Notice (via email) - 1st July

Approval Notice (via email) - 12th July

Here is my story - just in case if you are interested:

I work with a client through E-V-C model. My client doesn't provide client letter because of which my employer wasn't even willing to file my extension. It's a good 1000 employees consulting company but they were still not confident that I'd get an approval.

I convinced my employer to allow me to file H1B transfer through the Vendor which is a small 100 employees company and they had never filed or sponsored an H1B before. Vendor and Employer negotiated on certain amount that the vendor will continue to pay my employer per hour till the time I work with the client. No big deal for me. Although, it did affect my pay rate significanly but to me living in this beautiful country is a priority.

So, vendor filed LCA, had hard time proving USCIS that they're a bonafide company. They were not even in the USCIS database. Took 3 weeks for the vendor to prove USCIS that they were indeed a bonafide company. All's well that ends well.

Filed LCA, got approved in 8 days.

Filed Transfer and Extension together on 30th June under Premium Processing, USCIS sent receipt notice on 1st July and got the approval on 12th July.

Obviously, I still wasn't able to provide the client letter. But the vendor had provided MSA, SoW, 3 pages Vendor letter (lawyer created this letter for them and I haven't seen this letter), my last 3 pay stubs, last years Income Tax return and all my other documents (educational and professional).

I wanted to share this with you because I know there are a lot of folks out there who are scared because they can not provide the client letter.

I just want tell you that client letter these days is not a big deal. As long as the employer is a bonafide company and provides the copy of MSA, SoW and a detailed vendor letter, you should be good to rock-n-roll. In some cases badge, email communication, project docs, etc., also help.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Sandeepgupta80, Cong for your case approval!

Thank you so much for sharing your information, it really help me a lot.

One question, would you please let me know: how much it cost for filing your H1B transfer and extension together? I mean USCIS charged you for transfer + extension or just one fee?

Thanks again

Hello Spring2011 - It's a very good question but I honestly don't know the answer. My employer paid for my H1B processing.

Having said that, I did a quick Google search and found the below text. I hope it answers your question (mainly second paragraph). Let me know if it doesn't, I'll research more into it.

"Various factors determines the H1B petition cost and it has to be taken care by the employer. Go to the uscis.gov website and download the instruction for form I-129. Based on your employer (number of employees, number of employees in H1B etc) you can calculate the filing cost there.

There is no additional cost to request an extension along with the transfer. Ultimately it is the same I-129 petition with different options selected within. The cost is more when a new H1B is filed by an employer compared to an extension. The employer doesn't need to pay certain fees when they are filing the 2nd or later extensions. All this is clearly mentioned in the instruction to file I-129."

All the best!

Original Submission Date ->15th June, 2011

Premium Processing

Date of RFE -> June 28, 2011

Date of RFE Submission -> June, 29, 2011

Date USCIS receipt on RFE -> July, 5, 2011

Date of Approval -> July, 14, 2011

Case Type -> Non-cap H1B transfer

Thanks to all the folks who provide help to this forum!!

Case Type -> H1B transfer - PP (CA)

Received -> July, 11, 2011 as per the email receipt.

Status on 12th July Morning: Initial Review with Received Date of 11th July 2011.

Status on 12th July Evening: Acceptance with Received Date of 12th July 2011

And waiting ....

Originally posted by sam18:

Original Submission Date ->15th June, 2011

Premium Processing

Date of RFE -> June 28, 2011

Date of RFE Submission -> June, 29, 2011

Date USCIS receipt on RFE -> July, 5, 2011

Date of Approval -> July, 14, 2011

Case Type -> Non-cap H1B transfer

Thanks to all the folks who provide help to this forum!!

@Sam18: What was your RFE all about? I'm also in similar condition. No LUD after RFE Response review. Did you see any soft LUD after RFE Response Review stage?

Xofan, Veeru143 & smilingface, Have any of you got approval.

Depending on your reply i need to make decision as my current visa is expiring this month and if i continue working for my current employer till next week, i have to leave from the country for visa stamping. I haven't informed my current employer about new position. if its get approval by tomorrow i will give 1 week of notice period and join the new company from the Aug 1. else i need to give the 1 week of notice to the current employer tomorrow itself hoping that the transfer would get approved(as my new employer is one of the largest in USA and has 2011 q2 net revenue of more than $2 Billion).

Case Type -> H1B transfer - PP (CSC)

Received -> July, 11, 2011 as per the email receipt.

Status on 12th July Morning: Initial Review with Received Date of 11th July 2011.

Status on 12th July Evening: Acceptance with Received Date of 12th July 2011

21 July 2011: Got approval email. (The USCIS portal still shows status as "Acceptance").

Note: My sponsor is into professional services (high profile) and most employees are consultants. Though its not a desi firm, I had my fingers crossed as most professional services companies are getting RFE's this year but everything worked out well. So people who are in similar situation, as long as your petition package has all required supporting documents, I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck everyone!

H1B Premium Processing CA

Premium Processing

Filed: 27-Jun-11

Received by USCIS: 28-Jun-11

Receipt notice sent: 29-Jun-11

Request for evidence: 8-Jul-11

Evidence Documents delivered by Fedex: 22-Jul-11

Website status still on 8-Jun-11's RFE. It is NOT showing RFE response review, but Fedex tracking indicates they received my mail on 7/22. Is this normal? Please help! Thank you in advance!

Archived