what are the chances of getting I140 approval in EB2 ?

nihal0507

Hi All

My attorney filed my PERM in EB2 with below details in TSC .I have 3 yr BSC (Math,physics,electronics)+ 2yr Master of scienc (Electonice ) +1 yr Post graduation diploma in Computer sciences and I have 12 yrs of IT related experience before coming to US and plus 3 and half US experience .Am I eligible for EB2 ? I have done my Education evaluation and they cleraly mentioned my qualification equal to Bachelors and masters in US

Labour 9089 details

4 Eduation: Masters

4-B Major field of study Computer science or Engineering or related

7 Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? No

7-A If yes, specify the major field of study? computer science

8 Is there an alternate combination acceptable? yes

8A Bachelors with 5 yrs exp

9. Is a foreign education equivalent acceptable? Yes

AM I eligible for EB2 and what are the chances of I140 approval .Receipt date is 01/18/2011

4 Eduation: Masters

4-B Major field of study Computer science or Engineering or related

7 Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? No

This is what Murthy Attorney 9 response for similar question.

"In order to qualify for EB-2, USCIS requires that the individual have either a single source "degree" from an accredited institution which is equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree OR a single source "degree" from an accredited institution which is equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's degree plus 5 years progressive post-degree experience."

I definitely doubt, since your 3-year B.Sc + 2-year MS cannot be equated to US masters and the PERM labor clearly mentioned that the job required Masters(US equivalent)

This is what Murthy Attorney 9 response for similar question.

"In order to qualify for EB-2, USCIS requires that the individual have either a single source "degree" from an accredited institution which is equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree OR a single source "degree" from an accredited institution which is equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's degree plus 5 years progressive post-degree experience."

Archived