I94 Correction

RRM6

Hi Team,

Need suggestion on how to get my I94 corrected. Below is my scenario.

1. My Current H1B with a VISA is valid until: 08/31/2023

2. I got an H1B extension with dates from 09/01/2023 to 08/31/2026, this extension got approved when I was inside USA.

3. I have travelled out of the USA and re-entered in the month of June this year with the existing visa. However, the new I94 is still reflecting the old admit date 08/31/2023.

4. Same goes for my H4 dependents, wife and kid, as their I94 also got the admit date until 08/31/2023. They entered the USA with me in the month of June this year and have a valid visa until april 2026. 

I have emailed cbp office with the same details and waiting for their reply. Meanwhile My question is, will I go out status post aug 31st if I dont get this corrected and if yes, what are my options for correcting my I94 to maintain the status as per the new H1B extension. 

Since your new approval notice effective date starts on 9/1/23, If the new approval was issued with an I-94, then that new I-94 will kick in on September 1, 2023.  If your family also have H-4 extension I-94s valid from 9/1/23, then those I-94s will kick in as well, and you will all be in status past 8/31/23.  If the preceding is not your scenario, then you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney asap for advice based on your complex scenario.