Long term assignment outside of USA while on H1B

SJstar

Hi,

I am currently in US on an H1B visa with an approved i140. I am being sent to another country on a long term assignment.

1. Will there be any issues to my H1B visa if I live outside of USA for over 3 years?

2. Can I travel/visit USA with my current H1B.

3. Can my company apply for H1B extension while I am in another country?

4. Will there be any effect on my i140 status?

Thank you.

1. Time you spent outside of US will not be counted for your H1B

2. For work purpose -> use H1b, for visiting-> use visitor visa. (If you don't have Job in US-can't use H1B to enter); If your employer keeps your H1B active and paying you LCA wages-> you can use it to enter US.

3. No, If you're actively not working IN SIDE US, your employer has no reason/extend you in US due to the fact that you will be working outside us on long term assignment. 

4. No, already approved I-140 will be unaffected. 

Thank you for your response.

When I return to US after 3years post my assignment, the company could then apply for a H1B extension and I am able to enter US at that time with a H1B visa?

I currently own a house and was planning to rent it out for the 3 year period. Will there be issues for that? Because, I will not have a H1B visa and I may be visiting US with a B1/B2 visa during that time period.