Can I join my previous employer without H1-B Transfer?

Recommended Posts

Company B is my current employer and I have been with them for 6 months. Company A is my previous employer. I would like to move back to company A now.

Company A did not revoke my H1b visa with them. As I am returning to company A on the same position, can I join company A with no amendment?

Thanks for your response!

Link to comment

If an individual has a valid and not withdrawn approval notice from a previous employer, and if the individual will be performing the same job that the individual performed previously in the H1B role, that individual should be able to return to the previous employer without filing an amendment. However, each individual’s case is nuanced and it may be a good idea to schedule a consult with one of our attorneys to discuss the nuances of your case.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.