Will a Bachelor of Arts seem less 'appealing' than a Bachelor of Science?

pras613

I'm currently a student in university and I'm looking into what I need to prepare for as I age out of my dependent visa and acquire a student visa/hopefully an H1-B in the future. I honestly don't know much about the distinction between a BA and a BS (it seems like a BA allows for more interdisciplinary work?) I just got accepted into a major called Mathematical Thinking and Visualization, and it's a Bachelor of Arts. I'll be doing work in calculus, linear algebra, some coding (R, I believe, for data analysis) and will also be getting a minor in GIS. Will the fact that my major is a BA make me seem less 'appealing?' Of course, it'll depend on the jobs I'll apply for, but I wanted to hear a couple of opinions as well.

Edited by pras613
Added some details
On 2/14/2023 at 8:50 AM, Zodiac System said:

STEM Courses have greater appeal

Math is the M in STEM. So, the OP should be ok on that.

My take on this is that math is more theoretical. It may be harder to get a job in the tech field with a math bachelor (BA or BS so any really matter, the coursework matters.) Usually, math majors go on to Masters or PhD. The data science world really likes people who understand the math.