H1b RFE: Cancellation Notice for Request for Additional Evidence

raj3090

Hi Everyone,

My employer has filed a cap subject H1b for 2022. My cases status on USCIS website shows the following information:

On December 15, 2022, we cancelled the request for additional evidence for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. We will send you a notice if we need additional evidences. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

Prior to this I have got a status on Dec 1st that the RFE response was received on Nov'30th, 2022. 

1. However, I am unable to understand what the cancellation of RFE means? especially after receiving the RFE response. Why would USCIS wait for 3 months until the RFE response is received to cancel the RFE?
  2. Also the status has not changed since Dec 15th. My employer says he did not receive the cancellation notice. Should'nt they receive this document by now?
  3. Can my employer revoke the response to the RFE/ drop the application completely after submitting the response? And the USCIS has therefore cancelled the RFE itself?  will there be neither acceptance nor denial from USCIS on the case?
  4. Or is it that USCIS has suddenly decided that the RFE for Specialty Occupation - Degree requirement is not relevant, and hence cancelled on its own? why would they do that after receiving the response, instead of evaluating the response itself?
  5. Finally, can this cancellation of RFE be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing given the context above?

I would really appreciate your answers and help.

Thanks,