B2 visa extension not approved


Recommended Posts

Hi , 

My Mom visited US last year (2022) and by May end we applied for her extension . While her extension was in progress she left to India in August 2022. Since then I've been checking her case and it is only showing "FingerPrints wer taken". No other updates were made. Now we are planning to bring my mom again in April 2023 to US and wondering will it be a problem at the port of entry since theer was no decision made on her extension .

Note : We have a valid reciept notice and a proof of biometrics for her extension 

Link to comment

It's possible that there may be some delay in processing your Mom's extension due to the high volume of cases and limited resources at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, having a valid receipt notice and proof of biometrics should demonstrate that your Mom's extension application is pending and being processed by USCIS. It's always a good idea to carry all relevant documentation, including the receipt notice and proof of biometrics, when traveling to the U.S. However, the decision to admit someone into the U.S. is ultimately made by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry. It's recommended to consult with an immigration attorney or a qualified representative to better understand the potential risks and issues that may arise when entering the U.S. with a pending extension application.

Link to comment

If your mother's B1/B2 visa is still valid and she has not violated any of the terms and conditions of her previous visits to the United States, she may be allowed to enter the United States again.
However, the fact that her B1/B2 visa extension is still pending may be a cause for concern. If her application for an extended stay is denied while outside the United States, she may need help re-entering the country. It is important to note that the decision to allow entry into the United States is ultimately made by the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry.
Therefore, it is advisable that your mother consults with an immigration attorney or contact the US embassy or consulate in her home country to discuss her specific circumstances and to obtain guidance on how to proceed.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.