AP needed for approved and stamped H4 EAD?

Hi everyone,

My wife is on H1B, initially applied GC under EB2 category (Priority Date Feb 2018). She had an approved i140 based on which I got H4 (stamped) and EAD till September 2024.

Last week her EB1A application got approved and now we are applying for i485, i765, i131 (AP - Advance Parole)

My question: My wife has no plans to travel during AOS (adjustment of status - i485). However my job requires me to travel to and fro from US (short trips - week to two weeks). Do I need AP to travel back to US and have my I-485 active - even after having valid H4 stamp on my passport till 2024?

If you have H4 status right before you leave, and re-enter the US with an H4 visa, your I-485 will not be abandoned, even if you do not have or use Advance Parole. However, having an Advance Parole doesn't hurt even if you don't plan to use it -- you don't have to use it if you get it, but you will have the option of using it if you unexpectedly lose H4 status for whatever reason.