Green card for parents through CP.

Recommended Posts

  • 8 months later...

You can apply an I-130 (one for each parent) for Consular Processing.  Unfortunately the USCIS is taking 1 year to 1.5 years on average to process the I-130.  It then gets sent to the National Visa Center, where you have to pay the fee bill, submit the DS-260, and upload civil documents for each parent.  The National Visa Center has been reviewing the cases within 4 weeks and then puts them in the queue for the consulate.  Different consulates have different wait times for interviews to be scheduled.

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 11:39 PM, Saikrishnan said:

After submitting the I-130 under Consular Processing, is the traveller prohibited from visiting USA with his existing, unexpired B1/B2 visa?


Of course, there is a great chance they will be denied entry, if the officer is not convinced that they will leave and continue to wait abroad, because it is so easy for them to change their mind and do Adjustment of Status inside the US.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.