I-94 expiring

madhu2011

Hello all

I am in a peculiar situation. Like a few others in the posts, I overlooked to get my passport extended before leaving to my home country and got my I-94 until the passport expiration. My H1-B is valid until 07/18/2011 and my I-94 is valid until 06/11/2011. In the interim I am filing my adjustment of status.

My questions are:

1. If I file for my adjustment of status by the end of the month, would I be out of status when my I-94 expires?

2. Can I continue to work until 07/18/2011 even if my I94 expires?

3. Do any one suggest that I get my I-94 extended until 07/18/2011 and then file for adjustment of status?

4. If so, which is the best POE to go to? Would I need a Mexican visa if I go to Laredo or Brownsville? I belive we need a Canadian visa though. Please correct me if I am wrong.

5. Would there be a chance that I could still end up being in trouble if I leave the country (Mexico or Canada) with a valid I-797 and stamp, but shorter duration I-94, given that I am trvelling in less thn 2months from my I-797 expiration.

Appreciate any input as this isuue has become the root cause for a few sleepless nights.

Archived