I-539 application is rejected due to payment error, can it be filed again during "out of status"?

I was on H1B and got maxed out on 18-Aug-22.
Related to my GC - my PERM application went to audit and my priority date was on 01-Dec-2021. Original plan was to stay in USA on B2 visa till the Perm approval followed by I-140 and H1B.
My attorney filed my B2 visa on 15-Aug-22 before my H1B maxed out. 

But the problem now is during filing my attorneys didn't enclosed the check for Biometric fees, instead enclosed only for the application fees. 
Now my I-539 application is rejected due to the reason "Payment amount is incorrect or not provided" on 23-Aug-22. 
Please clarify my below queries:
1. Am I out of status or still valid? can I ask my attorneys to re-file the I-539 petition with correct payment amount and will it be accepted?
2. I assume this is overstay and as a consequence is there any possibility of my H1B getting rejected due to overstay or getting consular processing on my H1?
3. If I travel to India will it increase the possibility of my PERM/I-140/H1B approval without much hassle

Overall Please guide me what would be a better approach which I can take now?

• 1 month later...