Need suggestions on travel options

srai

Hello all,

I was recently laid off from Company A and March 31st was my last day. I did find another job with company B and my H1 transfer has been initiated , i do not have an update if LCA has been filed yet and company B is stating that it may take 3 weeks in premium processing.

My father is not well and i was thinking to travel to India. What options do i have ?? Please advise..

Thanks!!

Do you have a current visa stamp in your passport?  What is the validity period in your passport?  (you will get your I-94 stamp at port of entry immigrations based on your passport validity.  What is your start date with company B? Need more information on your India travel.  Check with your company B if you can travel to India to visit your ailing father while transfer is in process.  Good Luck.

Family is important. So if your company let you work from India. Notify them your leaving and follow up with them to file LCA and transfer, amendment everything but you may not be able to come back until you get i-797 & LCA et., approvals for company B and get stamping done which may take few months and you may loose job and eventually employer too. So think about it.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:19 AM, Zodiac System said:

Do you have a current visa stamp in your passport?  What is the validity period in your passport?  (you will get your I-94 stamp at port of entry immigrations based on your passport validity.  What is your start date with company B? Need more information on your India travel.  Check with your company B if you can travel to India to visit your ailing father while transfer is in process.  Good Luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My current visa stamp is expired( couple of year ago). I do not have start date yet with my company B, they are waiting on H1 to be transferred. Company A H1 was valid till November 2022 but they have already informed USCIS on my last March 31st.

On 4/20/2022 at 1:39 AM, srai said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My current visa stamp is expired( couple of year ago). I do not have start date yet with my company B, they are waiting on H1 to be transferred. Company A H1 was valid till November 2022 but they have already informed USCIS on my last March 31st.

Let your current company know that you have family commitment and would be visiting India to see your ailing father.  They will have to send you the documents for visa stamping to India (including original H1b + client letter), so you can come back to US with a visa.  Check with them if you can work remotely from India till you get your visa stamp. Make sure you have enough validity in your passport.  Good Luck

Edited by Zodiac System