Old Parents Green Card Process,Step by Step who are living in India

My parents are living in India and both are 75 years old. I got a responsibility to take care since they are getting old. I'm USA Citizen and want to initiate their green card process.

I've attempted to get a Birth Certificate for them in their home states but no success so far in the last six months. My father got no siblings and my Mother is the elder kid in the family, no elder member in the family is available to provide an affidavit to confirm their birth date, place, etc.

Please suggest to me what should I do in this situation, since I'm delaying their green card process significantly.

Help Question 1: Share all steps (step by step guide) that I would need to follow in filling my old parent's green card process from here. 

Note - They would not come to the USA in the middle of the process. They may come for the final 485 interview perhaps. Want to keep options option for both situations.

Help Question 2: Suggest required documents along with form details.

Help Question3: Suggest alternatives of birth certificate or affidavit and how to maneuver this gap green card process.

I would really appreciate your response and generosity.