H1B extension approved on consular processing and H1 transfer approve on i94 issued

kd1830

Hi,

I had a H1B visa valid till Dec 31st 2021 and I-94 till Jan 10th 2022, My employer filed for a H1B extension on Nov 1st 2021 in premium processing, received a RFE on Nov 10th 2021.

I have got an offer from Company B and applied(Jan 4th 2022) for H1 transfer before my i-94 expired and it was approved on Jan 12th 2021 along with i-94 dated 31st dec 2021. 
I did not start working at Company B and I have my paystubs run for the months Jan and Feb 2022 with Company A.

Meanwhile Company A H1b was approved on CONSULAR PROCESSING(1st Mar 2022) and i-94 validity from 1st Mar 2022.

1. Can I switch immediately to Company B without any issues in future during my further extensions?
2. Should I leave US and get my stamp done even i switch to company B immediately?
3. What measures should i take before moving to Company B(wrt payrolls with Company A, i9 with Company B etc.,)?

Really Appreciate your responses and Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your response!

Assuming you have made a typo in the year and it is 2022 (and not 2021), you can switch to Company B and Company A employer can withdraw the H1b approval.

Sorry its a typo.. Transfer approved on Jan 12th 2022.

Looking for an advise on below,

What measures should I take before moving to Company B(wrt payrolls with Company A, i9 with Company B etc.,)? 

Assuming you have made a typo in the year and it is 2022 (and not 2021), you can switch to Company B and Company A employer can withdraw the H1b approval.

What measures should I take before moving to Company B(wrt payrolls with Company A, i9 with Company B etc.,)? 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:34 AM, kd1830 said:

What measures should I take before moving to Company B(wrt payrolls with Company A, i9 with Company B etc.,)? 

As per your employment agreement with Company A, you may have to give formal notice to Company A, so you can join company B. Get experience letter with your job duties too.  You may eventually need experience letter (as per attorney specifications for your GC application).

Form I-9, W4, ACH direct deposit form etc. are onboarding documents.  These needs to be filled for getting on to company B's payroll.

Edited by Zodiac System