NIE-H1B w/ minor US Citizen


Recommended Posts

I have valid H1B visa and my son is born US Citizen who is minor. I need to travel to India for a short 2 week trip. As there is an exception for travel ban i.e., under the category of "parent to minor US Citizen" I have below questions..

  1. How to apply for NIE (National Interest Exceptions)?
  2. Can we apply from USA itself i.e., apply for exception, get it approved and then travel?
  3. How soon should we apply from the travel date?


Thanks in advance!!

Link to comment

There may not be any specific "National Interest Exceptions" for having a US citizen child but there are exemptions under proclamation that may apply to your case

(screenshot)I found them at

you can access other resources too :


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.