H1B consular notification dynamics

Hi, 

I am in the US under OPT and working for company A. I got my H1B selected through company B and they are in the process of filing my H1B petition. I wish to continue working for company A, so I requested company A to execute either of the two options.

Option A - Apply for Change of Employer (porting) now so I don't have to switch to company B after October 1st

Option B - Let me quit and join Company B on Oct 1 and rejoin Company A through H1B transfer

Company A is uncomfortable doing either of these two options, citing Option A request might be rejected and I might have to join Company B on Oct 1st. They don't like option B citing they are uncomfortable around me joining company B and rejoining them later.

Wondering if there are any other ways this can be executed?

Is there an option where I ask for company B to file for H1B in consular notification and if successful

1) Can I still work under company A beyond oct 1st? 

2) When is the absolute limit for me to join company B as long as I remain in the US?

Thanks for your help

If its filed under consular notification, then it doesn't start on Oct 1st, it starts when I choose to get stamped. I am trying to understand what is the absolute deadline for me to get stamped and activate my H1B. Can I not get it stamped as long as I remain on valid OPT status (in my case is July 2022)?