H1B Dropbox -> 221g

Hello,

Me and my wife had a Dropbox appointment for H1B/H4 stamping in Chennai on April 12, 2021.

We got 221g with our passports.

The 221g states 'You must appear for an interview  on ANY Monday/Tuesday/Thursday from 10 am to 11 am'. It also says 'Do not make a new appointment'.

Can we really go on any of those days without an appointment?

It doesn't mention any additional documents required, so I am wondering what all to carry along.

It also doesn't mention anything about biometric appointment, but I found out that they are waiving it for most people anyway for extension of H1B/H4 visas.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Glad to update this post since we finally got our visas. The 221g that we got, had told us to appear for an interview as mentioned above. We applied for expedited appointment (EA) via email to appear for the interview, which we were granted in a week. We got asked basic questions like :

1. since when do you work at XYZ company?

2. salary?

3. any kids? US citizens?

4. what's your education? (to my wife)

Even after this we got another 221g slip at the end of the interview. My wife got an email to fill out a questionnaire shortly. We then finally got our visas last week. The whole process took more than 3 months.

Thank you!

Edited by PranavN