H1B location amendment

hari8788

Hello all,

Can i travel to india , get my H1B visa stamped with my previous approved petition through drop box and come back to US with no issues at port of entry while my location amendment is still pending?

I am posting this question since i got some urgent need to travel to india

Here are my details.

1. I work for an American company and not for any end client. I am in the IT dept of my own company. I have not changed my employer and neither my job roles and responsibilities... just location.

2. My H1B visa stamped on my passport was valid until May 2020 for the same company for location A for the same job role.

3. i have a approved petition until May 2023 for Location A for the same company for the same job role

4. I will be moving to new location B soon and hence my company filed for amendment for location B. According to the attorney , they only changed the address on my LCA and nothing else for the same job role and same company.

5. I have not yet received the receipt notice from my attorney .

6. I have an urgent need to go to india and allready got the drop box appt for jan 6. I put the approved petition number until may 2023 in the DS 160.

7. Will i have any problems in getting visa stamped during drop box, or at the port of entry due to my amendment still in progress? 

8. In case if at the port of entry , there are no issues, will my amendment which is in progress still be valid without any issues?

ANy suggestions/advise will be welcome

• 2 months later...