Request for guidance - Clarification for DS-160

Fredbest

Hi,

I am applying for my H1-B extension and have received my i-797 approval earlier this year. For unavoidable personal reasons, I need to travel to India and would need to get my visa stamped. Listed below is a some background and my question(s); appreciate if anyone in similar situation can share some guidance.

• My last visa extension was issued in 2017 and my DS-160 confirmation number assigned was XXXX. I used the same login profile to create an application for H1-B extension for 2020 and was assigned the same DS-160 confirmation number (XXXX)
• For my new application this time, I  completed the  DS-160 form submitted the same, paid my visa fee and was able to avail the drop box option and even schedule an OFC appointment 
• However, I did not download my DS-160 form and did not get a confirmation page for DS-160 and when I go to the site (ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx) it pulls the DSC-confirmation page from 2017 and has my old passport number and submission date of 2017

Should I be creating a new DS-160 application ? If so, will it impact the drop box appointment, I have already scheduled ? 

Thanks

There was certainly some weird error when you were assigned the same DS160 confirmation number.

You can use old confirmation number to pre-fill the new DS160 to save time but the system should have assigned you a new number.

I suggest you create a new DS160 form and save the .dat file for easy future retrieval.

I am not 100% sure but I believe there is a way to keep the same appointment date while submitting the new DS160

Create a new DS 160 and submit it. Email embassy explaining your case along with DS 160 confirmation page and ask them to update DS 160 number. They will do. They did for me in Vancouver Canada in 2014. Try this. It will take 5 to 7 working days. But now it might take more.

You can also try to get it changed at finger printing. Take new DS 160 confirmation page to finger print and ask them to update.