221G GREEN CHENNAI CONSULATE --- AUGUST TRACKER

Coolbuddy0311

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrates ...its really nice to hear.

And thanks for your suggestion to travel on h4 also.Every two days i am calling DOS and VFS and I am getting the same reply that its "still under process".

thinking to wait this month and then travel on h4.

i dont understand if its rejected also why dont they update

Got an email today saying "Your passport with ref no. xxxx is ready for delivery by courier.You may also collect it Today from the VFS centre between x - y p.m".

Got real tensed as to what that would mean about my visa.Called DOS and was told that my visa was issued today.

Happy ending finally.Thank God and wish good luck to everyone.

Please post any questions that you might have.I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you everyone for all your wishes.

@ravi_ki

I don't know whether my vendor/client was contacted. I can let you know after I get to US and check with them

@aaru221g

The latest updated status can always be known by calling DOS even though the consulate may not update you with latest information.Call them once a week or 2 weeks

@221gchennai

Gr8..Congrats.Very Good to see positive responses.

@pranavi2008

There is no way we can check the status online for Green 221g @ chennai consulate.

All we can do is either call/mail consulate for every 2 weeks to know the update.

I would suggest to mail them and not call them, generally they'll respond with in 2 days for the mail.

Hello All,

Here is my story...

Consulate : Chennai

Category : H1 Stamping (5th year, New employer)

Interview Date: 08/26/2011 (Issues 221 Green Slip)

Docs Submitted: 09/02/2011 (No passport)

Now have been waiting for couple of weeks. Based on others experience in this thread.. I am hoping to receive some kindav of update in the 3rd or 4th week.

Is there anyone who submitted docs on 02-Sep for Green slip in Chennai ? I see that coolbuddy and 221gchennai submitted their docs on 26-Aug and both received their passport on the same day this week. Which tells me that they are taking about 3 weeks time to process green slip cases if everything is fine.

These are the timelines: (on observation)

Cases where Passport is asked to submit along with 221g- anytime between 4 days to 2 weeks . In our case its 3 weeks because of ramzan, ganesh chathurdi and following US long weekend holidays

Cases where Passport is NOT asked to submit along with 221g - anytime between 4-6 weeks

Atleast I did not see any rejections in june,july and august till date ( as seen from the posts)

Thanks for the reply. I agree with your observation, I didn't look at the with and without passport factor. Well at-least I have a clear idea that it's going to be a long wait.

All,

I have a question regarding H1 transfer. If I have to initiate a H1 transfer with a new employer while on 221G and given that I am stuck here for 2 months, do we have to submit the pay-stubs for the last 2 months or is it sufficient to submit the pay-stubs until the month I was in US ?

I gave interview on 5-Aug-2011. Got green & pink slip with my case number, same day I submitted my document to VFS. They didn't return my passport. I completed 6th week. I asked chennaiNIV, they are saying "Your case is under process,unable to provide any time line".

Document asked: petition 1-797, payslip, bank statements, w2 forms.

Could you please let me know when can I expect my visa. I am really tensed whether they are going to approve my visa or not. Why they are taking this much time.

Note: I received all my original document after two weeks document submit. Consulate having only my passport now.

1. Little confusion on why you were given both green and pink forms. May be you can let us know on what were tick marked on both the forms

2. Think you can track the pink forms at chennai consulate . Arent you? If so what status is it showing

Since they returned all your documents and retained your passport, you should be all fine but (i guess) they might be doing/waiting for some security clearance

@Coolbuddy0311

Thanks for your reply. In pink slip they return my case number and in green slip they asked my I-797, petition, payslip, w2 forms (which I had on interview time itself). I don't know why they mentioned in green slip.

Yes, I called chennainiv, they told my case need some security clearance. They will processed once got they received clearance from Department of state. Stillnow I visited US for 3 times (B1, L1 & H1 visas). NOw I heared that they are doing global level security . Thats why they are taking more time. Do you know how much time it will take for security clearances?? Any idea.

Its been more than 5 weeks, VFS asked my passport. Still now there is no update. Now US consulate having only my passport, they returned all document which I submitted earlier. Anybody having any idea, why they are delaying this much time. As per one of the forum, US embassy should NOT keep passport more than 4 weeks. I don't know whether its true or not.

Let me know anybody is waiting like this.

Its been more than 5 weeks, VFS asked my passport. Still now there is no update. Now US consulate having only my passport, they returned all document which I submitted earlier. Anybody having any idea, why they are delaying this much time. As per one of the forum, US embassy should NOT keep passport more than 4 weeks. I don't know whether its true or not.

Let me know anybody is waiting like this.

Hello chennai_221g

The US consulate kept my passport for 3.5 months and I got my visa stamped today. So it is not true that they cannot keep any one passport for more than 4 weeks.

Personally AP is different for each individual. So we cannot ever be sure as to why there is delay in processing. It is a completely opaque system.

@rajvis16: Congrants for your visa.

Yesterday I called DOS, they also update the same status , your case is under review, please wait.. Don't know how long I need to wait.

http://travel.state....w/how_1463.html You can call 202-663-1225 option 1 & 0.

Thanks chennai_221g...I am sure you will get your visa sooner...What I observed on the Chennai US Consulate website was that lot many visas were cleared for people who have been waiting for 3-4 months which was bit unusual - I have been following this status since July. So be positive and everything will be alright.

hello everyone,sorry to join u guys very late...

Interview attended: August 9th 2011 chennai got green

Questions asked: employee details,Work location, EVC model, Projectdetails,client details,teaming agreement,salary slips,bank statements

221 g docs submitted date: Sept 15th 2011 at Hyd VFS

went to chennai on 29 th to withdraw my visa application,VO was searching my documents but could not find them,finally after standing in the counter for 20min,VO came in and told me he got sum news for me that my docs are already sent bac to vfs hyd,VO has inclined my case. I was like wats happening,when i came in and collected my docs in hyd,i got all the docs i submitted and even same old 221g green slip bac requesting for "pls send passport" but unfortunately my PP got damaged when i was goin to chennai the previous day, have to apply for new one and send it to consulate. I wish once i send my PP... visa should be stamped.God knows.... all the best to all of u guys waiting... be positive... pls dont keep looking at ur status every now and then... do concentrate on sumthing else... things will be fine...

Archived