Project is terminated in June 1 st week - I-94 is till January 2021

Hi All,

I am on H1b  (I-140 approved)  My project is terminated in June 1 st week .My I-94 is till January 2021. Is there any concern for my status?

I am trying for another project anyways.What should I do at this point of time.Market is slow and I am into Java.

Please guide me through how to  proceed at this point of time

As long as you are not leaving your employer or you are not being laid off from your company, you are fine.

Projects come and go, doesn't matter.  Your employer needs to continue to pay you minimum your LCA amount as salary without fail till the time you find your next project.

Note:- There is one recent rule which made effective which states that employer has to file H1B Amendment if any of its employees comes on bench or when employee is looking for a new project - this is very recent rule and not sure how Attorneys are taking care of it. This is the only thing which needs to be confirmed in your situation and since it is very new rule, we might not have much experiences around it shared by forum members.