Is it legal for India to deny entry to Indian Citizens?

vineetvb

The Indian Government has imposed complete lockdown of ALL inbound passengers including Indian Citizens.

It has plenty of confusing wording but it says specifically

iii) As such, no incoming scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft shall be allowed to disembark its passengers on Indian soil (Foreigner or Indian) after 2001 hrs GMT of March 22, 2020 (0131 hrs IST of March 23, 2020).

The Indian Passport has the following on it

These are to request and require in the Name of the President of the Republic of India all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford him or her, every assistance and protection of which he or she may stand in need.

Is there any protection in the Indian Constitution that prohibits an entry ban like this?

How about you actually read the Indian Constitution?

In the US, the Supreme Court has ruled on the right of entry of US citizens into the US.

From one link:

"Nguyen v. I.N.S. generally is the main case cited as support for recognition by the U.S. Supreme Court of a U.S. citizen’s right to enter the U.S."

Edited by JoeF

.. how convenient to play Indian citizenship card for your advantage during these times.. it’s impressive to see how India is containing the spread despite the size and density of the population.. stay put and let them live..

.Yup, they only restricted international passenger “vessels”..I think you can still enter India through Nepal border, if you can somehow make it to Nepal..but don’t expect to play the NRI privilege card this time once you get in..I hear it’s backfiring badly..