H1 renewal on Premium, Concurrent H4 & EAD Renewal in progress

H4 EAD is about to expire in June, currently employed. H1B renewal for spouse is being applied on premium, yet to receive receipt. If I do not get H4 & EAD renewal by June, what are my options? Should I go to India and get H4 stamping done and wait for EAD approval? Legally, can I work for my current company as an unpaid intern until my EAD kicks in?

I have a valid H1B with 2 years remaining for renewal. How long would it take to invoke my previous H1B?

Please help.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, android.dmk said:

H4 EAD is about to expire in June, currently employed. H1B renewal for spouse is being applied on premium, yet to receive receipt. If I do not get H4 & EAD renewal by June, what are my options? Should I go to India and get H4 stamping done and wait for EAD approval? Legally, can I work for my current company as an unpaid intern until my EAD kicks in?

I have a valid H1B with 2 years remaining for renewal. How long would it take to invoke my previous H1B?

Please help.

1. Best option is to apply for H-4 and H-4 EAD along with your spouse extension.

2. At the end of May you can apply for change of status to H-1 in premium and continue working.

In the meantime your H-4 and H-4 EAD will be in process and they would get approved in 5 to 7 months. Then you can get back to H-4 EAD status.

This way you can continue working without a break.