Immigration Attorney wants to use my Bachelors degree instead of my Masters degree for H1b transfer


Recommended Posts

I've accepted a new job at a very large public company as a Software Engineer, and the Immigration Attorney at my new company wants to use my Bachelor's degree instead of my Master's degree that I pursued in the U.S. citing high RFE for my major. 

Bachelor in Electrical and Computer Engineering (with courses from Computer Science)
Masters in Information Systems (with courses in Computer Science, directly related to the job responsibilities)

My H1b was obtained under the Master's quota after F1 without any RFE (as a Software Engineer). I'm concerned that they are using my Bachelor's instead of my Master's. A friend of mine has this transfer successful with same major as mine as a Software Development Engineer at his new role. Hence the concern.

Please advice. Thank you.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.