Tijuana Sucessful Visa Stamping

Dear all, Just want to share my experience for Visa stamping from Tijuana

• My 2nd time coming here after 2016, Few things changed like visa payment for which you have to use other resources to pay the fee.
  • Crossed the border Thursday night and stayed at Marriott near CAG visa processing center, Literally hotel is to the back of this visa center
  • Completed finger printing without any issue, Dont take any Phones including Smart watches which they do not allow
  • Interviewed on Monday at 7:30 
  • VO asked: Verified my company name, Salary, Job Responsibility, Location of my previous employer, Job responsibilities and I-140 (very important if you have your GC applied and your H1b is a renewal beyond 6th year) that is it wooohhlaa Visa approved. Asked to collect passport next day at 3:00 pm (Although you select CAG Visa center for collection Embassy doesn't do that any more)

Pankaj

On 9/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, pankajreddy said:

Dear all, Just want to share my experience for Visa stamping from Tijuana

• My 2nd time coming here after 2016, Few things changed like visa payment for which you have to use other resources to pay the fee.
  • Crossed the border Thursday night and stayed at Marriott near CAG visa processing center, Literally hotel is to the back of this visa center
  • Completed finger printing without any issue, Dont take any Phones including Smart watches which they do not allow
  • Interviewed on Monday at 7:30 
  • VO asked: Verified my company name, Salary, Job Responsibility, Location of my previous employer, Job responsibilities and I-140 (very important if you have your GC applied and your H1b is a renewal beyond 6th year) that is it wooohhlaa Visa approved. Asked to collect passport next day at 3:00 pm (Although you select CAG Visa center for collection Embassy doesn't do that any more)

Pankaj

Thanks Pankaj. Can you provide a timeline if possible like finger printing date, interview date and passport receipt date.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, shekar11# said:

Thanks Pankaj. Can you provide a timeline if possible like finger printing date, interview date and passport receipt date.

Hello, I have my H-1B visa stamping at the US consulate in Tijuana on October 7 and 8, 2019. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible if anyone else has the same appointment date. 

Thanks!

On 9/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, shekar11# said:

This is how stamping timelines in Tijuana looks like

Day 1 Fingerprinting will be usually a day before visa interview(If not available, then it will be 2-3 days before visa interview)

Day 2: Visa interview

Day 3 - afternoon passport pickup mostly.

For Contractors - Most of the case - Tijuana VO's does mandatory client check by Email (or) Phone call to client to verify about your you working at the client location (Might happen same day as visa interview or next day after visa interview)- In such cases you can Expect delay of 1-2 days for passport.

For Full time employees - mostly it should be straight forward.