RFE Specialty occupation

BNGupta

Hello,

I applied for H1B. I am pursuing my second masters and working in CPT. My H1B got picked and I got RFE about the speciality occupation and CPT. Some people said I need to do education evaluation for specialty occupation. Can anyone suggest me is it good to do the evaluation and if anyone know who will do please let me know. Please give some info if anyone know about this situation.

Thanks

Nikhil

No evaluation is needed, you just have to prove with your u.s degree that how your job is related to education, what are the subjects that are relevant to job mark it and write in a paper with your degree mark sheet. Ex : If you learned SQL in college and working as a SQL developer, round up the subject and explain in paper that you are doing a relevant job related to your degree. I bet this will prove your speciality occupation, i did same in 2015 and got approved.

For CPT rules since you are on your second master, you still need to enroll one full academic year before you are eligible to use CPT. Some students use CPT from day one in their Second Masters which is why USCIS have raised flags as RFE in your H1B application.

For specialty occupation, you don't need to do educational evaluation but you need to do mapping courses you took with each job duties to show how your knowledge is applied to your job.

8 hours ago, upbui said:

For CPT rules since you are on your second master, you still need to enroll one full academic year before you are eligible to use CPT. Some students use CPT from day one in their Second Masters which is why USCIS have raised flags as RFE in your H1B application.

For specialty occupation, you don't need to do educational evaluation but you need to do mapping courses you took with each job duties to show how your knowledge is applied to your job.

Actually, if the OP has used OPT for the first Masters he can NOT use CPT at all. The rules allow one year of Ptractical Training per educational level (with the exception of STEM OPT), and that includes OPT and CPT. Both are Practical Training (that's what the PT stands for.)

His CPT is illegal, and he can kiss his future in the US goodbye.

Edited by JoeF