Withdrew H1 can I use I-539 to chnage status to F1?


Recommended Posts


I am on STEM OPT currently until OCT 1st, I have an approved H1 but I have lost the project and employer withdrew application on Sep 1st.

I am worried now as on OCT 1st H1 would kick in and I would lose my STEM OPT.

Is there a way I can apply I-539 form to apply change of status from h1 back to F1 after October 1st ?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.