H1b and H4 Visa Stamping Questions

admrac

Hello Experts,

Can someone please give me clarity on the following questions:

Situation: Currently, my h1b and my wife's h4 is approved util May 2020.  I recently moved to another project and my employer filed an amendment + extension, got an RFE and it is still in processing.  We have to go to India for a short trip in November'19, i have following questions regarding scheduling visa interview, 

Questions:

1. Can my wife travel to India and schedule visa stamping with her H4 approval I797? while my amendment (RFE) is in processing?
2. If my extension got approved and we both travel to India, can i schedule her visa interview based on my new approved extension I797?
3. What is the earliest dates available in hyderabad consulate?  If hyd dates are not available at that time, can i schedule interivew in another consulate in India?  Previously, i had my H1b stamping in vancouver.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, admrac said:

Hello Experts,

Can someone please give me clarity on the following questions:

Situation: Currently, my h1b and my wife's h4 is approved util May 2020.  I recently moved to another project and my employer filed an amendment + extension, got an RFE and it is still in processing.  We have to go to India for a short trip in November'19, i have following questions regarding scheduling visa interview, 

Questions:

1. Can my wife travel to India and schedule visa stamping with her H4 approval I797? while my amendment (RFE) is in processing?
2. If my extension got approved and we both travel to India, can i schedule her visa interview based on my new approved extension I797?
3. What is the earliest dates available in hyderabad consulate?  If hyd dates are not available at that time, can i schedule interivew in another consulate in India?  Previously, i had my H1b stamping in vancouver.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you can do that.

3. Not sure. You can schedule anywhere.