H4 visa refused under Section 221(g)

Our older daughter's visa being refused in US embassy Chennai under 221(g). She is a 15 yr old high schooler and living in US legally for the past 12 years. My Wife (H4) and Myself (H1B primary applicant) got the passport back the following week with visa stamped in it.

We went to visa interview on June 28th along with my wife (H4) and our daughter (H4). The officer said our visa has been approved during the interview. The same evening we received an email saying “During post adjudication review by the Consular Officer, your case (My daughter‘s) has been refused under Section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).  You are required to submit the requested information in order to continue processing your case.” We submitted the requested information on the same day of June 28th. Since then her visa status says administrative processing and will take several weeks. It’s been 6 weeks now.

Our family is now separated with this issue and without knowing her definite date of return her high school life is affected. Her school starts on Aug 12th.

Any help in this matter is really appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, s_ravi21 said:

Our older daughter's visa being refused in US embassy Chennai under 221(g). She is a 15 yr old high schooler and living in US legally for the past 12 years. My Wife (H4) and Myself (H1B primary applicant) got the passport back the following week with visa stamped in it.

We went to visa interview on June 28th along with my wife (H4) and our daughter (H4). The officer said our visa has been approved during the interview. The same evening we received an email saying “During post adjudication review by the Consular Officer, your case (My daughter‘s) has been refused under Section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).  You are required to submit the requested information in order to continue processing your case.” We submitted the requested information on the same day of June 28th. Since then her visa status says administrative processing and will take several weeks. It’s been 6 weeks now.

Our family is now separated with this issue and without knowing her definite date of return her high school life is affected. Her school starts on Aug 12th.

Any help in this matter is really appreciated.

Contact an immigration attorney ASAP.

There is nothing you can do beside waiting  if the visa is refused under 221g i.e Admin Processing . You have sent them all requested documents and now the only thing you can do is wait. People have had some luck contacting local senators in your area. They cant make 221g go away but a congressional enquiry initiated by your local senator can make someone to open the file and probably review the case and perhaps move it to next table. It may all be a futile attempt.