Leave of absence to work at another employer

Recommended Posts

I am a tenured professor on an H1-B at a college (still waiting for my EB-2 green card priority date to become current).

Can I take a leave of absence from my college to work as a visiting professor at another institution (they will apply for another H1-B for me) for a couple of years? My college is ok with my leave of absence.

So for the next two years, I'd have two H1-Bs. My college lawyer seems to think this should be ok. Your thoughts?



Link to comment

I guess you can apply for multiple H1Bs and get them approved but at any point of time you must work for one employer on one H1B full time. In your case at one point of time you must leave one employer and that employer will notify USCIS that you do not work for them revoke your H1B.

Also please look into how you will justify this when you go to visa interview in future. Do not make things unnecessary complications in your case. You can do it but it does not mean you have to do it.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.