DUI conviction | H1B extension

Got convicted of a DUI (misdemeanor) last month and have my visa extension coming up in Dec-2019. I am still in US,(in informal probation)

1) am I eligible to apply for visa extension while in US or should I leave the country .?

2) is DUI conviction triggers automatic visa extension denial? 

3) what are chances of visa extension denial ? 

Edited by yesmani

Thank you pontevecchio ..

I don’t have a stamped visa in my passport , however I have a valid H1B extension (I797) until Dec-2019. (Applied within US ) 

I have no plans to travel out of county at this time. Can I still be eligible to apply extension .? Or should I necessarily leave country to file a new H1B . (I don’t want to risk that if I can apply extension staying inside the country) 

• 5 months later...

Hi,  I am in the exact same situation I got arrested for first OWI (called DUI in other states) . I have to apply for my extension because my visa expires in April 2020 (only four months). I am still pending my court appearance and rest of the process. Can you please help me understand what I need to do? @2018h1bextension, @Yesmn123 would you be Ok to talk to me and help with some doubts questions? I would really appreciate any help. 

• 1 month later...