I140 & I797 Approved - Stamping After Merger

My petitioner organisation "ABC.Inc" has been merged with "XYZ.Inc", just before two months the US company name has changed to "XYZ ABC.Inc".

All approvals for me happened before merger and hence I-140 and approved H1 petition (I 797) still showing old company name "ABC.Inc". After completing 5.10 years with "ABC.Inc" I came back to offshore (India) and will go for stamping this week with Mumbai consulate. Could you please suggest for below questions.

1. In case VO asked "Who is your petitioner?" what should be the answer "ABC.Inc" or "XYZ ABC.Inc".
In case I have to answer new name i.e. "XYZ ABC.Inc" do I need to carry any specific document?

2. Since I am going for stamping after 6 years, if VO ask me the reason for this long period, what would be the appropriate answer?

Thank you in advance.

On 7/14/2019 at 3:39 AM, Aditi0123 said:
My petitioner organisation "ABC.Inc" has been merged with "XYZ.Inc", just before two months the US company name has changed to "XYZ ABC.Inc".

All approvals for me happened before merger and hence I-140 and approved H1 petition (I 797) still showing old company name "ABC.Inc". After completing 5.10 years with "ABC.Inc" I came back to offshore (India) and will go for stamping this week with Mumbai consulate. Could you please suggest for below questions.

1. In case VO asked "Who is your petitioner?" what should be the answer "ABC.Inc" or "XYZ ABC.Inc".
In case I have to answer new name i.e. "XYZ ABC.Inc" do I need to carry any specific document?

2. Since I am going for stamping after 6 years, if VO ask me the reason for this long period, what would be the appropriate answer?

Thank you in advance.

Best thing is to talk to your employer's attorney and get a document for company name change.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:39 AM, Aditi0123 said:

1. In case VO asked "Who is your petitioner?" what should be the answer "ABC.Inc" or "XYZ ABC.Inc". petitioner is always what is mentioned on your I797, however with this recent merger you need to explain to VO if asked, I had the same situation, two giant IT corporates merged together and formed a new company but wasn't a problem for me. Although I didn't had I 140 from them, that you might need to get corrected as per the due process.

In case I have to answer new name i.e. "XYZ ABC.Inc" do I need to carry any specific document? Good to carry a letter from the employer mentioning this merger and name change, any paper news or media reports you may collect is also good enough

2. Since I am going for stamping after 6 years, if VO ask me the reason for this long period, what would be the appropriate answer? Least to worry about this question, most likely it wont be asked even if asked tell the reason why you didn't visited out of the USA in last 6 year.

Thank you in advance.