F2A Is Current in July

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions related F2A current priority dates. 

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

I saw today on visa bulletin, “Final action dates” for F2A- current for July 2019, but “dates for filing” as of March 08, 2019.

Does it mean if I (legally maintaining my status in the United States) get married to a green card holder in the United States in July first week, can I file i130 and I-485 concurrently? What's the timeline to get GC-EAD and GC if I file for i-130 in July mid-2019?

Can I travel outside the US while my i-130 and i-485 are in the process?

On 6/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, Aditi B said:

I saw today on visa bulletin, “Final action dates” for F2A- current for July 2019, but “dates for filing” as of March 08, 2019.

Does it mean if I (legally maintaining my status in the United States) get married to a green card holder in the United States in July first week, can I file i130 and I-485 concurrently? What's the timeline to get GC-EAD and GC if I file for i-130 in July mid-2019?

This is a unique situation. According to the visa bulletin an immigrant visa is available, but USCIS has stated applicants must use dates for filing, which may not be current for an applicant. Accordingly, it is not clear at this time if USCIS will accept an AOS filing that is current in Section A of the visa bulletin, but not current in Section B. Regarding travel when an AOS is pending, it is generally advisable to have advance parole, however you should discuss these issues with an experienced attorney directly. 

On 6/14/2019 at 7:33 AM, andy2020 said:

What is the next steps after filing i485 application ? How long is taking to approve i485 application? Is there any way to expedite the request ? 

You cannot expedite an AOS, and processing in the family-based process will depend on your local USCIS's processing times. You can find processing times at the current link: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

On 6/13/2019 at 6:31 PM, Aditi B said:

Update: USCIS has updated the AOS filing chart for July to indicate that F2A is current, meaning all F2A can file I-485 in July (either concurrently with I-130, or after I-130 is filed, regardless of priority date).

• 3 weeks later...