H1B stamping for a petition approved using a withdrawn i140 from previous employer

aseel

Recently I got my I797 approval with a withdrawn i140 from previous employer as I had been with the previous employer more than 180 days post approval. Now i plan to travel outside united states and i am eligible for dropbox. In DS160, there is a question, " Has anyone filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS?" I can select the answer as YES but what should i put in the next field, "Explain:". Should I describe as "i140 with alien registration number and mention as withdrawn " ? My current employer just filed for PERM during March and it is in process. Also will there be any issues with stamping in this status? Just asking :)

On 4/16/2019 at 10:30 PM, aseel said:

Recently I got my I797 approval with a withdrawn i140 from previous employer as I had been with the previous employer more than 180 days post approval. Now i plan to travel outside united states and i am eligible for dropbox. In DS160, there is a question, " Has anyone filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS?" I can select the answer as YES but what should i put in the next field, "Explain:". Should I describe as "i140 with alien registration number and mention as withdrawn " ? My current employer just filed for PERM during March and it is in process. Also will there be any issues with stamping in this status? Just asking :)

You can just say YES. and mention the receipt number. No issues.

Archived