Study in Abroad with Green card and reenter USA after 1 year of study


Recommended Posts


My  daughter has green card. She got admission in France university to study International Business for 1 year. As she has to stay in France for 1 year  to study,

can she come back to USA without any entry issues at POE? As I hear there is a rule that only 6 months of stay in abroad is allowed and remaining 6 months in a year person should stay in USA. What are her options to stay in abroad for more than a year to study and then come back to USA without any problems to continue her GC status. 

Please reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.