H1 part time to H1 full time

Vidushi Pandey

Hi 

I am working for a small company in New Jersey. They have agreed to apply for my H1-b but they are applying it for part-time not full time. I am new to laws and don't know if it will be right thing to do. I needed to ask how can part time be turned into full time? Will it require me to do the entire procedure again? Does it H1-B part time will give me the flexibility of working with multiple employer at the same time? What will be procedure for the other employer? 

What is your current status?

They would have to file a new LCA and amend the H1 to convert it to fulltime. You don't have to do anything, the employer would have to.

With an H1, you can always only work for one employer. A new employer would have to file a new H1.

Will it require me to do the entire procedure again?  - The new employer who does offer you full time or else your current employer ( who is offering you part time ) if they convert to full time need to amend/submit LCA and need to do amendment/transfer of H1B. Yes you need to entire process again.

Does it H1-B part time will give me the flexibility of working with multiple employer at the same time? What will be procedure for the other employer?   - On H1B you can work for only ONE employer who submitted your H1B application and got it approved.

Archived