H4 EAD RFE - Question regarding continuing my employment

Prerana Parekh

I have a H4 EAD valid till 14th Feb,2019 from my spouse's Employer A. My spouse decided to switch jobs and received a H1B transfer approval and H4 extension till 2021 from Employer B. My spouse did not join Employer B for XYZ reason, the petition was withdrawn by B and he continued with Employer A. 

Now Employer A filed extension for H1 and H4. H1 is now approved but H4 extension got an RFE as I already have a valid visa till 2021 from Employer B.

Now the question is since Employer B withdrew his H1 petition is my H4 visa still valid? If not, my current visa expires on Feb 14th, 2019 so should I stop working till USCIS responds to the RFE?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Prerana Parekh said:

I have a H4 EAD valid till 14th Feb,2019 from my spouse's Employer A. My spouse decided to switch jobs and received a H1B transfer approval and H4 extension till 2021 from Employer B. My spouse did not join Employer B for XYZ reason, the petition was withdrawn by B and he continued with Employer A. 

Now Employer A filed extension for H1 and H4. H1 is now approved but H4 extension got an RFE as I already have a valid visa till 2021 from Employer B.

Now the question is since Employer B withdrew his H1 petition is my H4 visa still valid? If not, my current visa expires on Feb 14th, 2019 so should I stop working till USCIS responds to the RFE?

You can continue to work until Feb 14th, but need to stop working after that date.

6 hours ago, Prerana Parekh said:

An H4 is never tied to an employer. For the H4 it only matters that the H1 is valid.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, Prerana Parekh said:

Did you receive H4 EAD with employer B?

If so, what is the expiry date of EAD

Archived