H-4 visa (H-1B/H4 extension got Denied) - H-4 status confusion - Please help

sunmoon

Couple weeks back I came to know my change of employer H-1 B got rejected. I have already utilized my grace period. I have pending I-485 so I'm good. At the moment i have applied for another H-1B which is in consular processing. The situation with my wife (H-4), she is not in green card process yet, as I got married after I applied for I-485, since then the dates never became current, and I was unable to add her to the green card process. We had year old baby (U.S. Citizen). Her Current I-94 is valid until 02/2019. Can you please tell me if she is currently "Out of Status" by any chance? or can she continue to stay here and wait until her I-94 expiry? 

Any help is really appreciated, Thank you so much!! 

Thanks, 
Sam

On 10/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, sunmoon said:

Couple weeks back I came to know my change of employer H-1 B got rejected. I have already utilized my grace period. I have pending I-485 so I'm good. At the moment i have applied for another H-1B which is in consular processing. The situation with my wife (H-4), she is not in green card process yet, as I got married after I applied for I-485, since then the dates never became current, and I was unable to add her to the green card process. We had year old baby (U.S. Citizen). Her Current I-94 is valid until 02/2019. Can you please tell me if she is currently "Out of Status" by any chance? or can she continue to stay here and wait until her I-94 expiry? 

Any help is really appreciated, Thank you so much!! 

Thanks, 
Sam

You need to contact an attorney in these types of scenarios.

Archived