Cross Country Chargeability Advice

anand_usa

My wife was born in Nepal and has Nepali birth certificate. She was citizen of Nepal before marriage. She was born and brought up over there. 
After marriage while in India for 2 years, I applied for her Indian passport and gave her birthplace Bihar India unknowingly thinking that she was born at her Nani (mother's mother) place.
We are in USA from last 8 years and multiple times I have to fill different forms where I mentioned my wife's birth place India because it is mentioned in her Indian passport.
I applied for employment based GC and have I-140 approved.
Can I legally use now my wife's birth place Nepal as cross country changeability in GC process to move ahead.
What are the issue may come in it?
I have her original Nepali birth certificate both in Nepali and English languages.

Please guide.

Ohh geez. Looks like a heap of  trouble. Well to correct this, the path may be very difficult , however the idea is very simple.  Birth certificate is the first and primary document. Passport and any other documents will need to be corrected as per the birth certificate(Assuming it is correct). All new applications will need to have correct place of birth. 

Consulting a competent attorney would be a great idea right now to sort this mess out.

Archived