Deferred Inspection

Rose joe

Hi

my passport was held at POE due to sevis id not activated(Somehow college missed it) and they gave the appear to order form at a later date

but i had a talk with the officer on phone he said dont come on the date mentioned as he wil be giving some other date of appointment. But later i got to know that it was written on the slip that i have been given the admit till that date and I have to appear on the date given failure to appear will cause difficulties. 

so i went there but unfortunately the officer was very angry because i showed up on that day 

now what should i do ? what can be the consequences. 

What part of discuss the matter with a lawyer do you not get? Do you want to be held in custody when you report to them and do you want to get deported by them ? At the very least a lawyer can negotiate your leaving the country on your own recognizance. There is no way legal representation can be denied to you. This is not the gulag. Again which college?????

What pontevecchio said.

No government agency can ever prevent you from a) getting a lawyer and b) having the lawyer accompany you to a meeting.

In fact, in your situation, even talking with them without a lawyer present is a bad thing. They don't like it, because they can easily manipulate people to implicate themselves and give up their rights, if people don't have a lawyer present.

So, do not even talk with them without having discussed your case with a good immigration lawyer.

Archived