Is it necessary to extend the B2 Visa inorder to apply for another Visa like F2

Recommended Posts

Hi , 

I am on an F1 Visa and my wife is here visiting me in the United States on a B2 Visa. Now she wants to stay back with me. Its been 4 months that she is here. She has an i20 from the college I study in so that she can apply for F2 Visa.

My confusion is:

1. Does she need to apply for B2 extension before applying for F2 Visa (change of status)

2. Can she apply for an F2 Visa without extending her Visa stay?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.