I-140 Transfer to another companey?

sandeep8989

Hello,

Am changing from my current employer (A) to new company (B) soon.. and I had approved I-140 with my current company. Have few questions in regards to my situation, and appreciate if you could answer below:

- Can I hold my I-140 with company 'A' without transfer to 'B'? if yes, can I use that I-140 to extend my H1 visa through company 'B' beyond 6 year limit?

- In case I end up transferring I-140 to company B (start process again from PERM), How would my wife H4 EAD will effect? does she lose EAD until I receive new I-140?

- Currently am on 4th year of my H1, and what is the comfort zone with if my current employer is ok keeping my I-140, should I keep with them? OR start new process with new company?

1. I-140 approved more than 6 months means you get H1 extensions beyond 6 years till the PD is current even if the I-140 is revoked except for fraud.

2. You retain the PD. You do not transfer an I-140. Based on any I-140 she should get EAD and extensions. I would wager a fair sum that the rules will be tinkered with again .

3. You career comes first instead of a pink card. Think about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 3:21 PM, sandeep8989 said:

Hello,

Am changing from my current employer (A) to new company (B) soon.. and I had approved I-140 with my current company. Have few questions in regards to my situation, and appreciate if you could answer below:

- Can I hold my I-140 with company 'A' without transfer to 'B'? if yes, can I use that I-140 to extend my H1 visa through company 'B' beyond 6 year limit?

- In case I end up transferring I-140 to company B (start process again from PERM), How would my wife H4 EAD will effect? does she lose EAD until I receive new I-140?

- Currently am on 4th year of my H1, and what is the comfort zone with if my current employer is ok keeping my I-140, should I keep with them? OR start new process with new company?

Hi Sandeep,

I think I am in the same situation as yours. Would you please share your contact/ email so that I would like to get clarified on few things. 

Thanks,
CK

Archived