L1B

Shikha Malik

I am in the US from last 2 years. I have worked for a MNC in India for 3 years and moved to US to study. My status till now is F1.  I got a job in same company for which I used to work in India and they filed for my L1B. My L1B petition got approved from USCIS. My company has filed for my change of status from F1 to L1B and my company also has L1B Blanket petition approval. I have receieved I797A approval notice from USCIS updating my I194. And, my company has recently provided me with I129S form.

My question here is : If I need to go for visa stamping. Shall I opt for L1B individual or L1B blanket? I am literally confused here as I am already in US and there is a change of status in my case from F1 to L1B. 

Would appreciate if anyone can help me with that.

Thank you,

• 1 month later...

Under the law, to qualify for issuance of an L1B visa based on a Blanket approval, one must demonstrate s/he is a professional - having a US Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field / equivalent - and that eligibility shows the application is "clearly approvable." So, the legal standard is higher than for a petition filed with USCIS.

Archived