N - 400 Application - San Bernardino County, CA - Outside Normal Processing Times

longawaited

Hi All, 

After much frustrating wait, I am turning here for help. I filed for the N-400 Application last year, filing date July 15, 2016. I was finally called in for an interview on Jan 11th 2017. The interview went well but at the time, the officer mentioned that they had instituted a new system and thats why he cannot  give me a date for the oath ceremony immediately as the application will have to go through a central office. He gave me the form N652 and checking me passed and congratulating me for application being recommended for approval. I was told that a I will receive a letter with a date for the oath ceremony within two weeks. It has been over 10 month now and I still am waiting for the oath ceremony letter. In the mean time, I have called the 1800 number several times and spoken to an L2 level office without any proper response. I have also taken 3 appointments with the field office with no information being shared on my case, but just being asked to wait (application going through a Q A Process). 

1. Is anyone else experiencing these delayed processing times at the San Bernardino, CA Office?

2. What can I do to advance my case for expediting the Oath Ceremony? 

That's way too long.

A friend of mine, who filed about the same time, with interview in Santa Ana, though, had his oath a couple months back.

At the interview, they also told him about delays due to the new system, but his impression was that the delays affected the time to the interview. His oath was scheduled quickly after the interview.

So, I think something is wrong. Follow was Pontevecchio wrote.

Archived