"Administrative Processing" after drop box

sauk11

I have been working as FTE in one of the top Telecom companies in the USA. I was qualified for drop box, and I submitted all documents. But my visa case is currently undergoing necessary "administrative processing." What do I need to do now? Should I schedule an interview? How much time does it take to complete administrative processing? Has anyone gone through the same process? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, sauk11 said:

I have been working as FTE in one of the top Telecom companies in the USA. I was qualified for drop box, and I submitted all documents. But my visa case is currently undergoing necessary "administrative processing." What do I need to do now? Should I schedule an interview? How much time does it take to complete administrative processing? Has anyone gone through the same process? 

Thanks

Don't worry much about this, Either like Gopalakrishna said.... Either they will call you just for fingerprints or In-person interview. My spouse been for H4 Stamping in India 2 months back for DropBox, It showed Administrative processing & they just called her for Finger Prints.

Thanks, Gopalakrishnan and Venkatramrm. What is the standard waiting time? As per ceac
website my visa is currently undergoing necessary "administrative processing".But I don't see any update on ustraveldocs. How will they contact me? will they send me e-mail/text msg? Or will I see any update on ustraveldocs? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@sauk11 Could you tell me your timelines from the day and date of submitting the documents at the drop box location?

I've recently submitted my documents for H1-B drop box in US Consulate, New Delhi (India).

Monday, 12/11/2017 : Submitted documents at VFS, New Delhi (India)

Tuesday, 12/12/2017 : Status changed to 'Passport being sent to Consulate'.

Wednesday, 12/13/2017 : Status changed to 'Admin Processing' (CEAC website) / 'Passport is still with the US consulate' (US Travel Docs and CGI Federal)

Thursday, 12/14/2017 : Same status 'Admin Processing' (CEAC website) / 'Passport is still with the US consulate' (US Travel Docs and CGI Federal)

I'm hoping and praying to see it to "Approved" with stamped VISA in my passport ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 

Both myself and my wife were qualified for dropbox. Mine is a H1B renewal stamping and hers H4 (She also has an H4 EAD and is working in the US on her EAD)

Timeline:

April 2nd: Documents submitted at Dropbox location

April 3rd: Case Created

April 5th: Spouse H4- Administrative Processing

April 6th: My H1B: Issued

April 9th: My Passport is ready for pickup

April 10th: Spouse H4- Administrative Processing (Last Update April 5th)

I have called the Support helpline and they give the same status as the CEAC website. They are saying it is going through normal processing and if they need any additional documents they will contact us. We have not received any emails or messages. My wife is booked to travel back to US on this Saturday April 14th. Any other way for us to find out the status and find out if their is a 221G?

• 8 months later...

Archived