Should I Switch From AOS To Consular? (Canadian)

TaylorSwift

I have a pending I-485 at the Texas Service Center, June 2017 (they are currently processing January 2017).

My priority date = Nov. 2016.

I am employer-sponsored (EB-2).  Canadian citizen. Single.

With the delays anticipated for AOS filers due to mandatory interviews, would it be advised for me to abandon the AOS, and go for Consular Processing in Montreal,  via I-824?

Looks like I will have to be interviewed, either way. But the AOS delays look like they will be insanely long, going forward.

Any thoughts?

My H1 expires in Sept. 2018 (it is my first one).  The employer can renew it.  Bottom line:

1) I'm just wondering if Consular Processing will speed things up, in my case, even with the delays associated with the I-824?

2) Or would you just say to stay in the AOS line, no matter how long it takes?

have some patience dude, there is no separate express lane for you baby.

1) I'm just wondering if Consular Processing will speed things up, in my case, even with the delays associated with the I-824?

-> Why do you want to un-necessarily complicate your case.

2) Or would you just say to stay in the AOS line, no matter how long it takes?

-> You did not even complete your 1st 3 yrs of h1b term. There are candidates from China and India waiting for the past 10-15 yrs on h1b and now they still have to go through that interview process.

Any thoughts?

-> I agree that I 485 interviews would still delay the entire gc life cycle. You are in a much better position as compared to others.

Even CP needs current PD before they will process the application. Why Is a Canadian born Citizen  wary of the Interview?  The Interview is again a formality as these officers are not allowed to  re-adjudicate your GC in the absence of DEMONSTRABLE Fraud.You are in a better position as you need not bother about H1 visas and such and so it is a waiting game.

Archived