221G white slip Hyderabad consulate Jul 2017

Tgvp

Hi everyone,

I went to US for masters and then got a job in the same field of study. I got H1B visa stamped in Chennai consulate. After working for almost 2 years at my first company, I changed my employer. My visa stamp ( with the first employer) was valid until 23 Aug 2017. But my visa is valid until Aug 2018. I came to India in Jul 2017 and thought of renewing my visa stamp through drop box option. I dropped my documents at VFS and then after a week, got an email asking me to attend an inperson interview. Attended interview on 17 Jul. In the interview, I was told that People with similar job( Scientist in a pharmaceutical company/ research firld) are never be eligible for drop box option. She asked me general questions and in the end she gave me a white slip, asking for my resume and details of my projects. I got an email onthe same day and I emailed all the required documents on 19Jul. I got email from consulate acknowledging the receipt of the questionnaire and documents on 19 Jul. On tracking, I did not see any update after 17 Jul. All it says is administrative processing which may take several weeks. It been 6wks after my submission and there is no update ( as of 30 Aug 2017).

I am worried! Is there anyone in the similar situation? I heard from my friends that it took only 2-3 wks for them. I work full time to my company and was a direct hire. My case is straight forward and dont know why it is taking so long. Anyone with any information/suggestions on this , please comment below.

thanks a ton!!! 

4 hours ago, Tgvp said:

Hi everyone,

I went to US for masters and then got a job in the same field of study. I got H1B visa stamped in Chennai consulate. After working for almost 2 years at my first company, I changed my employer. My visa stamp ( with the first employer) was valid until 23 Aug 2017. But my visa is valid until Aug 2018. I came to India in Jul 2017 and thought of renewing my visa stamp through drop box option. I dropped my documents at VFS and then after a week, got an email asking me to attend an inperson interview. Attended interview on 17 Jul. In the interview, I was told that People with similar job( Scientist in a pharmaceutical company/ research firld) are never be eligible for drop box option. She asked me general questions and in the end she gave me a white slip, asking for my resume and details of my projects. I got an email onthe same day and I emailed all the required documents on 19Jul. I got email from consulate acknowledging the receipt of the questionnaire and documents on 19 Jul. On tracking, I did not see any update after 17 Jul. All it says is administrative processing which may take several weeks. It been 6wks after my submission and there is no update ( as of 30 Aug 2017).

I am worried! Is there anyone in the similar situation? I heard from my friends that it took only 2-3 wks for them. I work full time to my company and was a direct hire. My case is straight forward and dont know why it is taking so long. Anyone with any information/suggestions on this , please comment below.

thanks a ton!!! 

It is a normal admin processing based on your field of study. You should get an update soon. Sometimes depends on their workload even if it is straight forward process..

Hi Tgvp,

Join the club, same here. I have MS and PhD from very good university in US. I am direct hire and I work for top-notch company in my field. I went for VISA interview on Aug 1st in Vancouver. VO asked me few basic questions, I replied. Gave me 221G white slip and said that admin processing takes few weeks. No update after that. It's been a month. As per 221G,  we cannot request for expedite until 60 working days i.e. 3 months.

I think for white slip 221G, embassy contacts USCIS. Right now, USCIS is very busy approving H1Bs and evaluating RFEs. It's frustrating. No sure how long they take.

Thanks

Shravan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived